Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Whatever it Takes

I bought some new bathroom scales yesterday. Fancy-schmancy ones. There are settings for four users. I don't need that many, but that's what is on there. First I had to set the time, date, and lbs or kgs, and then height, age, and gender along with goal weight. Now when I weigh it tells me my weight, % of body fat, bone, and water. Motivating for sure! I'll confess some of that when I make progress, but now it's too embarrassing!

Everything tells us how important exercise is, and now I have numbers and percents to prove it. The only way I'll get that body fat % lower is to exercise. Those scales also keep track of everything, so there it is right in front of me whenever I weigh. Here is a photo:

Maybe that's what it will take to motivate me - gadgets! I've made an appointment with myself to go to the gym tomorrow, and I've told all of you. That means I have to do it. It's time to take this stuff seriously and take care of myself. So far I haven't followed through. Guilt, David, guilt! We are good at that!

10 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Almost kind of spooky that...

Bob said...

I don't want any household appliance knowing that much about my business.

As it is right now, I don't trust the toaster.

Sylvia K said...

Don't think I could deal with that much info! Great looking scales though, mine just does the usual thing and every morning is enough to remind me to pass up the crap and eat properly. Not saying reminding me is enough, but it'll have to do for now!

#Debi said...

Dave, I'm sorry but I can't let you eat that donut...

Anonymous said...

I don't personally like household items that are smarter than I am.

June Saville said...

Will you post before and after pix, and a blow by blow description of results? Come on!
June in Oz

Dan said...

Fancy - I refuse to get on the scale anymore. I look more at the body fat part and no matter what I do, it never changes. the weight does, but not the body fat. UGH

Angel said...

we got a fancy scale too...the one I wanted was a plain old scale for $9. but hubs had to have the fancy $35 one....it's no longer working. Lasted a month!

and I am deathly afraid of stepping on a scale!!!!

Joy said...

That would keep me honest, June! OK, maybe I will. I know it's a good idea and would motivate me to stick to a plan.

We'll see how long these scales work, Beth. I know what you mean.

I will hide these if I have company! Too much embarrassing information in one place! Not that they can't tell by looking at me, but yikes!

Debi, I tried for hours the last two nights to add your blog to my list but couldn't. I did it while ago in minutes. I really hope Comcast gets this fixed!

Unknown said...

Hey I got one that tells for two users, what you wieghed last time, this time, and the difference. it is already too compicated for me...and it's a lemon...it lies.
xoxo charlie