Sunday, January 4, 2009

Saturday Outing and Red Grooms

I'm feeling better, so I guess it was a one-day affliction. I'm tired of catching everything and need to get my immune system to do better. I'll work on that. Have any suggestions other than exercise, which seems to be the answer to everything!

Yesterday Paige and I went to the Cheekwood Museum of Art to see the collection of Red Grooms (originally from Nashville) and his wife Lysiane Luong, also an artist, as was his first wife Mimi Gross Grooms. The collection contained works by contemporary artists they knew/know. If you want to know more, this site from Cheekwood shows some of the works in the collection as well as an interview with Grooms and Luong if you click on the video there. It's short and interesting.

We had a good time and got a little walking in, too.


(from a 2004 article in The Villager linked here)

5 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

I'm thinking food. I'm type 2 and I really cleaned up my eating and didn't catch a cold forever. But things will slide over the holidays and this time I caught a cold.
So I'm back on the wagon, cutting out all grains for a while, watching blood sugar like a hawk (poor fingers) and am going to make my nurse practitioner proud of me. I can be smarter than this.

Joy said...

Yeah, that's probably it, too. That and exercise. I'm Type 2 also and usually do pretty well with all of this but not during the holidays.

Femin Susan said...

Hi………
Absolutely fantastic post! Good job!
Great! Keep writing…….
Good week………

Unknown said...

Take up drinking and smoking. You won't even notice those little flus. Glad to hear you got a little artsy fartsy time in. Good for the soul.

Checked out Femin Susan and there are some beautiful blogs on there and Pencil magic was a sight(site). My guess is she didn't realize the implication of the title "My Blogs"
xoxoxo charlie

Joy said...

That's what I think, too.