Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Comcastic Day

I've spent quite a bit of time today on the phone with various Comcast employees. The bottom line is that a service technician came over and checked everything. My computer is fine. The signal is good. The connections all connect. It all checked out. Somehow I'm online and able to surf the net. I can comment on blogs, post my blog entries, and send email. They must have done something at the "office" or wherever the controls are because mine is working and so is my friend who lives a couple of streets over. She called and had a technician there, too. Whatever it is, I'm glad to be back online at night and able to send email! Thanks to all those at Comcast who made this possible.

5 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Isn't it amazing how totally disconnected we suddenly feel these days if our computer isn't functioning? If you would have told me thirty years ago that I'd be so tied to a machine, I would have thought you were insane! Me?? are you nuts?? Yep, me and I am, indeed, a little nutty, but it's fun! -- Well, when everything works! Glad all is well!

Joy said...

Yes, Sylvia! Definitely true!

Unknown said...

Guess it's a wait and see test of time now. doesn't it drie you a little crazy that they might have fixed it somewhere else in their system and just chose not to tell you it was their fault?

Anyway, my laptop is my companion all day long off and on. I would probably be much more socially active in the community if I didn't have it. The luxury allows me my isolation and often saves me from cabin fever.
-charlie

Dan said...

What did we do without computers?

Joy said...

And cell phones!