Sunday, January 4, 2009

Amazing Blogs

Femin Susan commented on my blog, so I checked out her profile here. I don't know how she found my blog and where she came from, but I think she lives in India. You must go see these! The first one is Vegetable Art with photos of all kinds of vegetables carved creatively. Yummy Cakes includes photos of decadent desserts. The most amazing of all is Pencil Magic, which you'll just have to see to believe. After you look at them, come back and let's be fascinated together!

OK, after some googling, I discovered that she posted all those photos without giving the artists credit for them. I suspected that about the art and poetry after reading her blog and noticing that English is not her native language. After teaching English so long, I can spot plagairism. She is young and probably didn't know better, but Jennifer Maestre is the artist of the incredible pencil sculpture. Look at her site here. I haven't found the vegetable artist, but the same thing happened there, too, and with the food as well.

5 comments:

David Dust said...

She commented on my blog also - and I did the same thing (looked at her blogs). Although I didn't make it as far as the pencil one, until you posted this.

WOW.

XOXOXOXOXO

David Dust said...

Darling Auntie Flame -

You should work for the F.B.I.

XOXOXOXOXO

Joy said...

There are some similarities between teaching and working for the FBI! Right, teachers? :-)

Mark in DE said...

Same here; received a comment from her which prompted me to view her blogs. I immediately recognized much of the artwork because I'd recently gotten a forwarded email from a friend with many of the exact same photos.

Joy said...

I'm glad that happened, Mark!