Friday, January 16, 2009

Confession

I was talking to a friend today and mentioned that a mutual acquaintance is on the Southeast Diet. Then I laughed and said, "No, I'M on the Southeast Diet! She's on the South Beach Diet." Those of you familiar with Southern food will know what I mean. I don't have a good Friday Weigh-in number to report today, DD. I haven't gained but haven't lost any either, so I guess it's not too bad. I'm not exercising, though. That is bad, or as Jessica Rabbit said, "I'm not bad; I'm just drawn that way." Will that work?

Exercise Pictures, Images and Photos

8 comments:

David Dust said...

You are right - we ARE sisters.

The whole reason I did MY post was because YOU had mentioned that I didn't do a Friday Weigh-In last week! I felt guilty!!

Of course immediately after I did my post, I went down to the kitchen at work and asked for an order of onion rings.

I am doing horribly...

XOXOXOXOXO

the dogs' mother said...

It's winter! Mother Nature did not intend for us to be striding around in sub-zero temperatures or noshing on melon all day. Things will get better in the spring. At least that is what I'm telling myself!

Sylvia K said...

I do relate!

Angel said...

I think frog has it right..its cold right now. Really! so we need a little extra "insulation" to help us stay warm...spring, we'll all be skinny and svelt.

Unknown said...

I read somewhere that all humans tend to gain naturally during winter months. It's part of our evolutionary timing defense just built into the body to insulate. Supposedly has very little to do with overeating, etc.
I guess that's a comforting thought (burp). pardon me.
xoxocharlie

Joy said...

We can rationalize anything, can't we? Gotta love my friends!! Thanks!

Yes, DD! We both make each other feel guilty. Maybe that's OK. We are so related!!

ell said...

Hey, my M.D. actually told me that it's ok to have a few extra "winter" pounds, as long as you shed them come spring (there's always a catch).

Mark in DE said...

Love the cartoon. :-)