Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rain

The tree branches were covered in ice this morning in a pretty way. The roads were just wet from rain, so Mother and I made it to our appointment with the ophthalmologist and then went out to eat. It's icier where she lives, about 8 miles north of me in Charlotte, a smaller town but the capital of the county, where I grew up. People in Dickson, the largest town, wanted the county seat moved there, but it's managed to stay where it is.

I'm going back out to Wal-Mart to return the scales I bought and get a digital one. I can't see the little lines the needle is on with these well enough. There are other errands I need to run and then I'll be home. They're predicting snow early in the morning. That would be OK as long as there's no ice and there is electricity.

12 comments:

#Debi said...

I made it to my endocrinologist today, despite the inch each of snow and ice. Lent my ice scraper to a neighbor, who not only broke it but then had the nerve to try and ask me out! LOL!!!!!!!! :)

the dogs' mother said...

Thought about you when the weather guy was painting your part of the country all icy. Glad you dodged this one fairly well.

Joy said...

OK, Debi, we have to know more about this neighbor! Inquiring minds want to know! I thought you were getting snow and ice from what they said on the local weather report. What part of KY are you in? I'm near Nashville.

Thank you, FP! It sounds as if we're supposed to get snow tomorrow. I wouldn't mind.

Joy said...

I just checked your profile, Debi. That's where I thought you were but had a senior moment.

Anonymous said...

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Chris said...

We have a snow storm ready for morning as well and I am just hoping if it is going to happen that it will at least be enough to close school.

Dan said...

Hope you are safe Auntie Flame!

Unknown said...

if you see and elbow pipe sticking out of the snow, don't pull it out...it's my periscope and snorkel too. as if we don't have enough, we're getting 2 feet more today.

ooooops...I'm going under again.

Joy said...

We just had a dusting of snow here and still had school closings. Something to make you guys laugh, I know!

David Dust said...

I was just checking in to see if you were alright. I see that you made the comment above about 2 hours ago - so I'll assume you are ok.

We got rain/slush here in NYC. Yuck.

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Be careful out there!

#Debi said...

Joy, just posted about the neighbor...