Friday, January 16, 2009

The View

Diablo Cody (Oscar-winning screenwriter of Juno) was on The View this morning. I read her blog on MySpace now and then and learned from there about this appearance. She and Toni Collette are making the rounds to publicize the new series on Showtime The United States of Tara. Toni Collette plays Tara who has multiple-personality disorder, which is called dissociative-identity disorder now. Diablo Cody writes it, and Stephen Spielberg created and produces it. John Corbett plays Tara's husband. I've liked him since Northern Exposure, and then he was Aiden the perfect boyfriend on Sex and the City. It sounds good, but I'll have to wait and see it on DVD later on since I don't have Showtime. HBO, yes. They said at the Comcast office that I could subscribe for six months for some kind of deal, which would probably give me enough time to watch the first season of it, but I already have so much that I watch now that I guess I can wait for it to come out on DVD.

Showtime has some shows I'd like to see - Weeds and Dexter, for two. I watched Dexter on network which was censored. I'll think about this. I'd have to catch up on Weeds and Dexter to know what's going on now since I've never seen any of Weeds and only the first season of Dexter.

Have any of you seen these or something else on Showtime that you liked? I've seen many series on HBO I liked - Six Feet Under, Big Love, The Sopranos, Deadwood, John Adams, and some others I can't remember right now. I missed True Blood except for one episode, which I really liked, and will catch it when they show it again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adam really likes "Dexter" though I never really got into it. Is the actress in "Tara" the same one who was in "Muriel's Wedding"? It sure looks like her. I agree about John Corbitt. He seems like such a nice guy.

David Dust said...

I saw an ad on the subway yesterday for this show, and I wondered what it was.

The Tudors is one of my favorite shows, and it's on Showtime (although I'm not sure when the new season starts). I watch Weeds and Dexter off and on - but I never miss The Tudors.

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Unknown said...

No Showtime or HBO here and kind of miss them.I do recall some of those shows. But it's shameful enough how much TV I watch anyway. Of course I have a passionate love of English royal hisstory ( well, all monarchies) and will just have to order the DVDs of the series when they come out. I am kind of plunged into the deMedicis right now.

Mark in DE said...

I love Toni Colette, and am almost tempted to get Showtime just to see this new series, which sounds fascinating. But my cable/internet bill is already nearly $150./mo so I guess I'll wait for it to come out on DVD in a year or so.