Saturday, October 25, 2008

One Step at a Time

I walked another mile today around the lake. Here are some photos I took with the camera on my cell phone. It's a beautiful fall day, and I walked by myself today. There are houses all around it and ducks and geese in it. I'll take some pictures of them later on. There are several different kinds of them - some are really pretty and some incredibly ugly. You'll see. As you can see, some of our trees are beginning to turn colors but most are still green. Some leaves are falling off before they are colorful. I just love fall! It's my favorite season!

I have a goal of walking a mile a day (like Jimbo's mom) and then going to the gym for strength training with weights and trying that zumba class again. When the weather is bad, I'll walk on the treadmill. I want to have good news for the Flabby Dust Bunny Friday Report! This time I did get to say that I got my blood sugar readings down. That also makes me feel like crap when it's too high, Charlie. So getting that normal and my blood pressure lower should give me a better attitude! I already feel better today.

From the beginning where I start.


From that part to the right on past that little tree in the first photo.


From close to the end circling back to the start.

11 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

what a beautiful place to walk.....good for you!

Joy said...

It is pretty there and relaxing, too. Thanks!

David Dust said...

Great job on the walking - and gorgeous pics.

Now I want to see pictures of the Ugly Ducklings!

XOXO

Unknown said...

haha...David wants to see papis miles from home walking in bathing suits.
Most of our leaves are gone now but there is some color left. It would be fun to follow the weather south week by week some fall.
this looks just great, but any path day after day ....and don't you want to find some other places? some you have mentioned seemed fun too.

ell said...

It looks like a lovely place to walk. I'd like to see the ugly ducks, too.

Hey, I have an idea. Maybe you could set yourself a different photo topic each day to keep it interesting. Day 1 -ducks; day 2 -changing leaves; day 3 -rocks in the water; day 4 -weird stuff(?). Well, maybe not such a good idea. :-(

the dogs' mother said...

Those are great pictures from a cell phone. Or maybe we just have crappy ones at our house! Very pretty.

Rushton said...

Walk on a weekday around 2:30 and come visit me during recess!

Rushton said...

Make that 2:00...we go IN at 2:30.

Joy said...

I like that idea, Ell, and think I'll do it. Maybe I'll take my camera some instead of having to email the picture from my phone every time. I'll do that! Thanks for the good idea! Ugly ducks coming up tomorrow afternoon!

If the weather is bad, I'll be on the treadmill at the gym. I won't take pictures there because I might get in trouble. LOL

I know, FP. I was surprised the photos turned out that well from a phone. Who knew?

Freda, that would involve being around little kids, so we'll see.

Charlie, I might have a change of scenery now and then. You know how I don't change my furniture around, so I can handle walking in the same place for a while. It gives me a chance to see if I can do it faster and farther. This is the best place here to walk since it's where lots of people go and is set up for it.

Anonymous said...

I so miss the seasons now that I live in Florida. I too am trying to walk every day and you are such an inspiration. I can't wait to hear how skinny everyone is by the Holidays.

Jimbo said...

What a beautiful place to walk. I wish my mom had surrounds like that where she could walk. She could go wandering around the neighborhood but I think she limits herself because she knows that she doesn't have to go far if she gets tired of walking. Good for you for getting out and doing it. Do you have good walking shoes that provide you with proper support? I hope so.

Excellent...I look forward to more updates!