Now, she warns that America is already a police state and intimates that only a revolution can give us back our liberties. In her previous book, The End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot, she listed the 10 steps necessary for a state to take control of individuals' lives:
1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy.
2. Create secret prisons where torture takes place.
3. Develop a thug caste or paramilitary force not answerable to citizens.
4. Set up an internal surveillance system.
5. Harass citizens' groups.
6. Engage in arbitrary detention and release.
7. Target key individuals.
8. Control the press.
9. Treat all political dissidents as traitors.
10. Suspend the rule of law.
In her interview, above, she explains the ways these 10 steps have been completed in America.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Check out Kalilily Time for some provocative and scary posts. I didn't see that racist with the stuffed monkey with an Obama sticker on it at the McCain/Palin rally, but she has a video of it on there. Naomi Wolfe's interview about revolution and how we need to go about it. Here's an excerpt from Kalilily's post:
Posted by Joy at 3:27 PM