Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sick Leave

I'm going to take a break from blogging until I feel better. I took my first monthly and LAST Actonel yesterday and have felt horrible since yesterday evening. I have a fever (chills last night), all of my ribs hurt (that's putting it mildly), a headache, dry mouth, headache, and feel as if I got hit by a truck. I'm not taking any more of these. If anything motivates me to go to the gym and work out, this is it. I feel as bad as I did when I had chemo and have been in bed and chair all day. This is awful. Google it if you want to know more about these side-effects I'm having. Since it's a monthly pill, I guess it will take a while to get out of my system. When it comes to medication, I'm a mine canary, so I don't know how long I'll feel bad.

In 2001 I had enviably excellent bones. In 2005 after stopping hormone replacement therapy and having chemo and prednisone, it was down some but still good. My latest bone density test was in the osteopenia range. It's like the good news is I don't have cancer, but chemo stormed through my body like Sherman through Georgia.

I will take my chances with calcium and Vitamin D and exercise and weights. No more of this stuff!

9 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

That really sucks. Rest. Recover.

Beth said...

Just take care of yourself, and I hope you feel better soon. We'll leave the porch light on for you. :) Hugs, Beth

David Dust said...

Oh Auntie Flame - that's HORRIBLE! Do what you have to do and get better.

Call me if you want to chat.

XOXOXOXOXO

the dogs' mother said...

Hope to find you much better when we get home from Oregon. Curl up and recover.

Mistress Maddie said...

I so sorry to hear Auntie Flame your not feeling well! I hope your feel better real soon. That sucks. I'll miss your post while I'm gone! Take care and you Miss Thing, stay in bed! No tv!

XOXOXOXOXO-
Maddie

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are taking proactive steps for all this. While I might miss your posts for a couple of days, knowing it is to get yourself better will make it all the better, and appreciate you more once you are back! Until then, take care, dammit!

Bob said...

Take it easy cliffie.
Rest up and read up on your trivia so you can come back and wow us with bat news and Einstein quotes.

We're thinking of you and sending good thoughts from Smallville.

Dan said...

xxoo - Be Well Auntie Flame.

Mark in DE said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!!