Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Another Death

And now Dominick Dunne, a writer who was thrust into the criminal justice system by the murder of his daughter and then stayed to chronicle the crimes and courtroom dramas of the wealthy and privileged, has died. He was 83. He was a regular contributor to Vanity Fair magazine and wrote novels. His novels included People Like Us (1988), An Inconvenient Woman (1990) and Another City, Not My Own (1997), based on the Simpson trial. He hosted a cable-television show, Power, Privilege and Justice.

6 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

I read a couple of his books and watched the tv show from time to time. Thought he was a really neat fellow.

Anonymous said...

I would love to read one of his novels.

Ms. Moon said...

I'm going to miss his dry, name-dropping, get-to-the-point articles in VF. I liked his novels, too.

Mistress Maddie said...

Oh girl,Auntie Flame say it ain't so! I loved me a little Dominick Dunne! What in hell is going on? All these deaths! I just tlaked to Mame, and neither one of us is feeling any pain.

Marker said...

I'm with Ms. Moon and Mistress Maddie X10. Such a loss.

I loved Dominick Dunne. Another City, Not My Own is a favorite. From it, I gleaned the phrase "I'm captivated . . ."

Rhea said...

I loved his magazine pieces. He was one of the best.