Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ack Trivia

Floor-cleaning products in Venezuela have ten times the pine fragrance of U.S. floor cleaners. Venezuelan women won’t buy a weaker fragrance. These obsessive homemakers may wet-mop their tile floors twice a day, leaving windows and doors open so the scent can waft out to the street to send the message that their houses are clean.

If this is true, I'm not going there. I hate the way Pine-Sol smells. I can't breathe when someone uses it like they did in the coffee place where I socially knit. Not the smell we want wafting through the air instead of the aroma of coffee.

5 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

That would do me in! I have to be careful with scents, smells and the like.

mrs.missalaineus said...

when i worked at my gas station job, i would open the pine sol and pour it into cups strategically placed around the station to allow the scent to give the illusion the smell of cleanliness. it always smelled freshly mopped!

i did dust the candy racks daily because they were right under the counter and when people dropped money that's where it would land.

xxalainaxx

#Debi said...

Pseudonymph: This is also my theory. I am convinced that is why so many kids today have allergies. Doesn't really explain MY allergies, but whatever... :)

Ms. Moon said...

In Mexico they use the fabulous Fabuloso to clean. It's sold here, is cheap and doesn't seem very harsh. I use it and it makes me smile to have a freshly mopped floor (and this does not happen anywhere near daily- believe me) that smells of Fabuloso.

Joy said...

Funny, Miss A!

I have that same theory, Pseudonymph! Works for me!

I'll have to try Fabuloso, Ms Moon, and will look for it.

Pine-Sol makes my eyes water and throat close. I do not do well with it at all.

Quite possible, Debi.