Saturday, August 22, 2009

Beatles Trivia

On September 23, 1969, the tabloid The Northern Star printed the first of many rumors that Beatles singer Paul McCartney was dead. Its first shocking headline read "Clues Hint at Beatles Death," which created an outbreak of speculative and near-hysterical opinions, most of which were pulled from interpretations of Beatles album covers and song lyrics. Teenage girls all over the world were in a frenzy for months.


Brian was born September 30, 1969. Coincidence? Yes.

3 comments:

Mariana Soffer said...

The hole histeria thing was true, but I thinnk it came mainly from the visual clues of the album covers, and the interpretation people gave to those things. Like paul being barefoot meaning that he was already death indeed. But not that much about what the lyrics said. I do not know who brian is, so I can not evaluate what if he was born then. And it was not epstein because he was much older.

Let me know who that is, so I can tell

Bye and hurra for the beatles my friend

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Might say he might as well be dead...he just played way up here in Maine on a small hydroplane cruise ship ferry that waylays between Portland and Nova Scotia. But friends tell me it was a limited engagement and prices soared to catch this trip.