Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back to My Regularly Scheduled Programming

Perhaps I went too far on my retirement post. I was giving excuses for being so lazy now after being so busy before. I've had a lot of fun and still do. I did what I had to do to make more money so we could make it. That was the worst part and didn't always work out. As for the rest, I dated, did things with friends, spent time with family, and enjoyed doing things with my son. I possibly wore out my adrenals being that busy, but once you get on a roll, inertia keeps it going. I also watched TV and read and walked and danced and partied and traveled a little. Wish I could do more traveling now.


Anyway, just wanted you to know that I try to rationalize being lazy even though I know I really do need to get more exercise and clean house more often. Wish it were this easy!!

5 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

I combine housework and exercise - I have my IPod and work at top speed listening to music. Sometimes I pay for it later (sore muscles) but that's a good thing. :-)

Mark in DE said...

I have yet to hear of someone lament from their deathbed: "I really wish I'd cleaned the house more often!"

Enjoy life. The housework can wait.

Wonder Man said...

I need to clean the house

Joy said...

Yeah, FP, sometimes I do that and sometimes I just sit and listen to the music. I'm triflin' for sure!

Marker said...

I just LOL'd (very loudly) at the first one re: the categories. If that's not me at work and at home, I don't know what is.

My inner Felix Ungar is still trying to defeat my outer Oscar Madison. He reigned supreme during high school and college, but once I reached "adulthood", Oscar took over in full force.

Paging Dr. Freud??