Friday, July 10, 2009

Check This Out


Alan Jackson's property in Franklin is for sale for $38,000,000. Attached are photos of the property. All of us could move there and still have privacy. Some of you could do the cooking, some take care of the flowers, some could take care of the horses, some the ponds, others the grounds, and all kinds of things! Wow!

(See photos of the mansion here.)

Apparently he wants to downsize.
Want to live like Alan Jackson? You can, for a mere 38 million dollars!

Alan and his wife Denise are putting their Franklin, Tenn, home on the market. The country superstar admits that the 17,000 square foot house is pretty big for two people.

"We love it here, and there are a lot of memories because the girls have grown up at this house," he says. "But we like living in Florida, and we probably will do that when the girls are not living with us anymore, so it makes sense to sell it if we're not gonna live in Nashville that much anymore."

The sprawling home is described as a "magnificent offering without compare. Bordered by Harpeth River, surrounded by equestrian estates. Amenities include stocked and aerated lake with boat house and three ponds, 20 car garage, gymnasium, two bed log cabin overlooking river, barn with two bedroom apartment above, in-ground pool, barn and more."

The Tara-style home has 20 rooms, including six bedrooms and seven full baths, plus two half-baths on two-and-a-half stories. Built in 1997, the house also has a formal dining room, five fireplaces including one each in living room and den, and a fenced-in yard. The home, which sits on 135 acres, also has many windows and balconies with multiple views onto the rolling hills of Williamson County.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll take care of the ponies!

the dogs' mother said...

I'll take care of the ponds!

Joy said...

I had you two in mind for those! Good!

Al In The County said...

Ooooh, The Partner can handle the horses, and I'll cook. Not well, mind you, but I'll cook...

Bob said...

Darn!
I spent my last 38 million on gas!

I'll visit....and cook...and Carlos can tend to the horses.

Ms. Moon said...

I wouldn't live in a house like that if you paid me. I like my house. And it's a little too big.

Sam said...

I'm in. You'll need a good navigator, to direct people how to get to the bathroom or pond.

Joy said...

We'd get our cardio just walking all over the house.

Dan said...

im in, i love to mow

Joy said...

Great! We're about to get all the work covered! Miss Ginger and Mistress Maddie can entertain and host tea dances. Well, we won't lack for entertainment.

Unknown said...

I've always loved your concept about communty living...individual quarters but a central meeting area for "family" when we feel like it. Over and over in my mind I have designed( remember our blog about drawing our homes as kids?) such a community gathering place. I think back at that contest you worked your butt off to win just such a place.
today with the Sunday paper I just happened on the real estate page and browsed for fun.The tiniest places were going for minimum 209K. I was in shock.Some of them looked pretty shabby.