Sunday, June 28, 2009

Trekkie Trivia

The name of the first space shuttle was the Constitution. Pres. Gerald Ford changed it to Enterprise after receiving 100,000 letters from Star Trek fans.


My son had a model of one in his room, so because of him I knew to google Starship Enterprise for a picture of it. He also had posters of the Union Jack, the Beatles, Wolverine, the White Queen, Farrah Fawcett, and that's all I can remember right now.


Brian writes a comic book blog that's on my blog list titled Noetic Concordance that he doesn't update very often. Wonder Man might enjoy it. I just told Brian about your blog, too, WM. I'm not sure which of the rest of you had/have comic book collections and would be interested but check it out if you are.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Love the Trek trivia, and just went to an exhibit in Detroit. Never underestimate the power of a Trekkie...the original series was canceled after two seasons, but a massive campaign got NBC to extend it a third season. :)

Jeff said...

Cool about the first space shuttle. I didn't know that! Hope you had a good weekend!