Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Comcast Woes

Whatever Comcast did Sunday night when they shut down internet and phone services in order to improve them has made them worse. They did this from midnight until 5 or 6 am. My phone sounds like static to people I'm talking to, and my internet service is really slow and won't let me get on some sites because it times out. A friend called and was told they couldn't do anything until July 5, so she called one of our contacts who is sending someone to her house. It's not in our houses! We tell them that, but they come anyway. She gave them my name and two others because they said at least three people have to have a problem before it's considered an outage. We pay a lot for these services for them to suck so much at times. The most they've done to compensate is to give me a free movie or two, yet they make all these deals to attract new customers. What about those of us who have been with them for 20 years or more? The only choices around here are Comcast cable and Direct satellite TV. Guess I'll have to call them, too.

So far it's taken several tries and way too long to publish these posts this morning!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I have Direct and it's not bad but you have to pay a rental on each connection in the house, and you pay to replace things like the remote control, etc. I thought you had switched to Time Warner. Trouble with Satellite ( Direct or Dish) is that when storms come, they lose the signal for long spells. and of course that only takes care of my TV- not my internet.

David Dust said...

Maybe someone from Comcast will read this (didn't that happen before??) and will save you.

As I know ALL TOO WELL, there is nothing more infuriating that cable/internet/phone drama!!

Hang in there!! Send smoke signals if you have to!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Al In The County said...

Whenever a cable company says "we are upgrading to improve service to you, the customer" they aren't. That's a life lesson...

Joy said...

The guy who came over to work on it said they're doing something to make it faster. Ironic. He remembers me and says things about last time he was here and what was going on with my computer and service. I ask him about computer classes he's taking. He wrote a paper about my blogging experience and the results it got. I have phone numbers for about 8 people at Comcast now, and this blog got all that rolling!

No, Charlie, it's David who has Time-Warner. We don't have that here. Tina has what you do and says the same things you did about it. I think maybe I need to change and not have Comcast phone service, though, because it can be a pain. An interesting thing is how when someone calls, it shows up on my television. This could be a problem for some people, couldn't it?

Mistress Maddie said...

I have to say we have comcast up here and we have never had any problems with techinal problems or service. Only once did we have a problem, but they were here to repair within 4 hours. Hope it gets better.

Joy said...

The home office is in Philadelphia, and my friend in Pittsburgh said they never have problems with theirs either. That might be a factor.

Oxy said...

Our choices here in the Old Country are limited. The old GPO as it was called has gone through transformation after transformation and now calls itself BT. They are the main provider of phone lines. But other companies like Virgin can buy some capacity and sell their internet and phone service. I believe you can even have Sir Richard Branson deliver your morning coffee in bed.

Oxy said...

Oh, and BTW, I forgot to add that I can get Direct TV here. Unfortunately, you cannot get any of the UK's terrestial channels like the BBC, nor can I tune into BayNews9 in Florida. But I could get an Italian Sunday evening (7 p.m.) quiz show where the contestants have to remove an item of clothing if they get an answer wrong until they are left with just one item.