Monday, June 1, 2009

Tag! I'm it!

That sweet-talker Bob at I Should Be Laughing tagged me, and since I did that to him, I owe him one. Here goes.

1) What is your current obsession?
Most of my obsessions are on-going and have been with me a while. This weekend was taken up with the yearbook from NCHS and being in touch with students from the mid-to-late 60's.

2) What are you wearing today?
Wow! I haven't been asked that in a long time! Thanks! I had on white capri pants, a red & white plaid blouse, and sandals. Very summery! I got my passport picture made.

3) What's for dinner?
Khoresht fesenjan and basmati rice with saffron, that flat bread, shirazi salad, and tahdig. Yes, I ate at Hot Kabobs in Nashville and enjoyed every bite of it. Descriptions? Stew made of chicken simmered in ground walnut and sweet & sour pomegranate sauce. Salad of chopped cucumber, tomato, fresh herbs, and vinegar dressing. Thadig is literally translated "bottom of the pot" and is a crispy layer of rice topped with khoresht gheimeh (cubed beef, Persian split peas, and sun-dried lime in Persian tomato sauce with spices). Excellent!

4) What would you eat for your last meal?
If I were about the be executed, I doubt I'd be able to eat, so I'll answer this as if it is asking about my favorite meal. It depends on my mood what I want to eat. So many of you describe excellent meals that sound delicious that you've prepared. What I'd want is one of those meals Holly (of Hollemy fame) prepares for the Farmer's Market dinners at House Blend. I've posted the menus from those. It's hard to decide what I'd want because everything she creates is delicious!

5) What's the last thing you bought?
Some activity books and car bingo games for Brendan since he'll be here this weekend.

6) What are you listening to right now?
Conan O'Brien - checking out his debut on the Tonight Show. That's when I started answering this but now Craig Ferguson. I usually watch TV and am on the computer at the same time.

7) What do you think of the person who tagged you?
Bob is a wonderful writer, passionate advocate, good cook, funny, cute, and all-round neat guy!

8) If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Big Sur, CA or Hawaii (I've never been to either place but just know I'd like it there.)

9) If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
An hour? That's not enough time! Venice, Italy. I have been there and loved it!

10) Which language do you want to learn?
Spanish so I can eavesdrop.

11) What's your favourite quote (for now)?
If you can't be kind, be vague.

12) What is your favourite colour?
Red

13) What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
My new black and white jacket from Coldwater Creek. I think it looks better in person than it does in the picture.



14) What is your dream job?
Writer for a TV show

15) What's your favourite magazine?
Vanity Fair

16) If you had £100 now, what would you spend it on?
Ah, a British person made this. A meal at Zola with friends because after all dining is a social event.

17) What are you going to do after this?
Check out some blogs and Facebook and then go to bed.

18) What are your favourite films?
Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Hoosiers, The Princess Bride, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein.

19) What is your special talent?
Being Bernice! Main word I've said in my life is, "Oh" as in, "Oh, I get it," "Oh, I understand," and "Oh, I never knew that."

20) What inspires you?
Humor, compassion, and my family and friends.

21) Your favourite books?
The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, First Mothers: The Women Who Shaped the Presidents by Bonnie Angelo, Adventures in the Screen Trade by William Goldman, novels by Pat Conroy, Elizabeth Berg, Lee Smith, and too many to remember right now. I can't ever answer this question.

22) Do you collect anything?
Dust, clutter, and books. I need to work on this. Help!

23) What are you currently reading?
The English Major by Jim Harrison, House and Philosophy: Everybody Lies edited by Henry Jacoby, and Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult. I borrowed The Dance of the Dissident Daughter by Sue Monk Kidd I'm going to begin that soon.

24) Go to your book shelf, take down the first book with a red spine you see, turn to page 26 and type out the first line:
"Oh, poor baby," Jack Murray cooed. Murray was the newest member of the Murder Squad, having just transferred in from Vice a little over six months ago." - from By Blood Written by Steven Womack. Steve was my screenwriting teacher at Watkins Film School and has written a series of mysteries set in Nashville and others. Entertaining novels. He's head of the film school now. His website.

25) By what criteria do you judge a person?
Intelligence, sense of humor, integrity, authenticity, and loyalty. (also must admit that grooming and hygiene play a big part)


I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you want to do this, please let me know, so we can all read it. Also if you feel inspired to answer any of them yourself in the comment section, I'd be delighted! :-)

8 comments:

Eric Arvin said...

LOVE your film taste!

"If you can't be kind, be vague." Sound advice.

Anonymous said...

Joy, I watched the movie you recommended, Story of the Weeping Camel. I posted an entry about the experience:

http://gigihawaii.wordpress.com/2009/06/01/the-story-of-the-weeping-camel/

Thanks for the tip!

Wonder Man said...

great list

逆援助 said...

セレブ達は一般の人達とは接する機会もなく、その出会う唯一の場所が「逆援助倶楽部」です。 男性はお金、女性はSEXを要求する場合が多いようです。これは女性に圧倒的な財力があるから成り立つことの出来る関係ではないでしょうか?

救援部 said...

貴方のオ○ニーライフのお手伝い、救援部でHな見せたがり女性からエロ写メ、ムービーをゲットしよう!近所の女の子なら実際に合ってHな事ができちゃうかも!?夏に向けて開放的になっている女の子と遊んじゃおう

出会い said...

急に時間が出来ても友達はみんなカレシと一緒でかまってくれません…アタシと遊んでくれる人メール下さい☆ a.a-mai@docomo.ne.jp

逆援交際 said...

会員制の逆援交際倶楽部では男性は無料、一日最低額10万円保障での交際をお求めできます。ご登録された女性様達はセレブであるがための悩みをそれぞれの方が持ち、皆様、男性との営みを求め、ご登録されております。彼女たちとの初々しい一時をお楽しみ、謝礼をいただいてくださいませ。会員制ですので人数に限りがあるため、打ち切りの場合はご了承ください

家出 said...

家出中でネットカフェやマンガ喫茶にいる女の子たちは、お金が無くなり家出掲示板で今晩泊めてくれる男性を探しています。ご飯を食べさせてあげたり泊めてあげることで彼女たちはHなお礼をしてくれる事が多いようです