Sunday, June 14, 2009

Narcissism

Dr. Drew Pinsky said that of all celebrities who took the Narcissistic Personality Inventory Test the people on reality shows scored the highest. I can believe that. After Charlie wrote about I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here and how whoever Spencer and Heidi are acted, I saw excerpts of his tirade and couldn't believe he had such an inflated view of himself. He said he was too famous and too rich to put up with being on there. Uh, yeah.

Here's a site that has the test on it and an explanation of the results. I thought I'd score higher than I did (10) but guess I'm just self-absorbed more than narcissistic. I don't want to be famous and am glad I'm not. Being a teacher for a long time in a small town brings more attention than I want.

As Emily Dickinson wrote:
I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us -don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!

2 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

My pond is full of narcissists. Actually male narcissists since females don't call, they just sit around watching the males show off.

Wonder Man said...

I'm scared to take it