Thursday, April 2, 2009

Two and a Half Men

I also enjoy watching Two and a Half Men. Don't judge me.


CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #244

The Parents Television Council has asked Apple Computers to stop advertising on Two and a Half Men. Their reasoning is, surprise, surprise, the show's adult humor. I thought I might use my vanity card to send another message to Apple Computers.

Dear Apple,
You have always been known, rightfully so, as the tech company that stood for freedom and individuality. Big Brother and the suppression of those principles was that other company's calling card. Remember them? I do. But that's not the reason this vanity card, as well as every budget, schedule, story, outline and script for Two and a Half Men, was written on an Apple. The reason is I believe your products are ahead of the curve, elegantly designed and just darn fun to use. Oh, and you should also know there are so many iPhones used by myself and members of our cast and crew to make calls, email, text, surf the internet, and play games, it's a miracle we get anything done at all. Anyway, we trust you'll make the right decision regarding the boycott request.

Thank you,
Chuck Lorre

P.S. To the PTC. With the world economy in complete free fall, it's good to know you're still sweating the small stuff. Shall I send you more cupcakes so you can snack while attempting to suppress free speech? Or perhaps you can just change the freakin' channel.

2 comments:

Mark in DE said...

I've never been able to 'get into' this show.

Unknown said...

I love this show and particularly the portrayal of the boy who holds his own yet reflects a certain innocence as well as savoir faire about how adults live their lives and he of course cannot live his yet. It's quite insightful writing about how a young teen would think.
I really think kids get exposed to more in their daily lives at home than we think. It is unrealistic to think that a Tv character is not.