Monday, April 20, 2009

Dreaming Dreams

Susan Boyle has touched people around the world. For all of us who have dreamed of fame, success, and accomplishment, she embodies those dreams. She made it and got to sing on stage for millions. Those of us who have written and re-written our Oscar acceptance speeches, visualized our names on book covers while we signed copies for admiring fans, seen our names in lights, heard applause for outstanding performances, placed our paintings in galleries, practiced interviewing guests on our talk shows, and spent our lottery winnings, Susan Boyle did it for us. That's why we can't help crying when we see the video of a middle-aged, middle-class woman singing beautifully and surprising everyone with her talent. She gives us hope, and we are thrilled for her.

11 comments:

David Dust said...

Amen. I hope she becomes a huge star.

Speaking of huge stars, what's this I hear about you "not being able to keep up" with us during the Drunken Dust Bunny Weekend?!? You are the Grand Duchess!!! We would LOVE to see you ... and I'm sure you could keep up with us, Auntie Flame!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Christo Gonzales said...

bravo! well said Joy and it does give us hope - it does to me at least.

Joy said...

Thank you, Darling Nephew David! I'm considering it. :-) xoxoxoxoxxo

Joy said...

It does me, too, Doggy! Maybe I'll dust off that screenplay.

Bob said...

I LOVE her.
I love the fact that she showed me that I, too, judge a book by it's cover and shouldn't.
I love the sound of her voice and her sweet smile and her desire to just sing.
Lovely.

Wonder Man said...

I am glad she is around

Unknown said...

I like her just the way she is. Hope she doesn't turn out to be a one trick pony. I mean we have heard her sing that song a few dozen times now. NBC folks really picked up on her.

Joy said...

Frank McCourt gave me hope, too. After he retired from teaching, he wrote and published Angela's Ashes.

#Debi said...

I met Frank McCourt when he came to speak at the university I attended. He seemed very bitter. I think I'd much rather hang out with his brother Malachi...

#Debi said...

I do like his books, though...

Joy said...

Sorry to hear that about his being bitter. He's definitely a good storyteller, though.