Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Prepare to Cry

I got this from Rhea at The Boomer Chronicles. Here's what she wrote complete with links. She's right. I cried.
Susan Boyle, a 48-year-old woman who lives near Glasgow, Scotland, with her cat, Pebbles, wowed the judges on Britain’s Got Talent with her rendition of “I Dreamed a Dream” from Les Miserables. The reason the judges fell over themselves in praise is: 1) she sings beautifully; 2) she’s older than most contestants; 3) she’s a real plain Jane. The Daily Mail puts it this way: “Middle-aged, dowdy, with thick eyebrows and an unfortunate gait, she couldn’t have looked less like a star.” First, Paul Potts, and now Susan Boyle. Watch Susan Boyle perform. Watch out; you might cry.

She now has a chance at a second career in musical theater. I hope it happens for her and much more!

See what happens when I get behind in my blog reading? I've just seen this post on Dan's, Eric's, and probably other blogs I haven't made it to yet.

12 comments:

Aled said...

She's wonderful. I don't watch that program, but when I heard about this, I played it! Brilliant!

Mistress Maddie said...

This was brilliant! Thank you for posting Joy. I too am behind in my reading of blogs, so I hadn't seen this yet. I hope you had a wonderful Easter. Oh ,by the way- I saw your Dust Bunny picture on David's blog. You are one goodlooking lady Joy! I'm betting your a roit! Loved that picture.

the dogs' mother said...

Girlfriend sent it to me :-)

Marker said...

I was blubbing away as I re-watched her again tonight. Check out this piece (linked by Andrew Sullivan) for a great take on the Susan Boyle zeitgeist.

My wish for Susan is stardom on the stages of London and Broadway. Take that, slags in the audience sneering at her!

Joy said...

Thank you very much, Mistress Maddie! That's sweet of you to say that. :-)

Me too, Marker & Pseudonymph, me too!

Jazzy said...

What a voice! Thanks for sharing that Joy. Susan Boyle is amazing. Cold chills ran up my spine listening to her. What courage and what talent.
Linda

Bob said...

I have been showing that to everyone, and emailing it all over.
It makes my heart swell, seeing how they react to her by sight, and by what she says, and how they all start smiling as she sings.
Loves it.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I jumped to my feet right here in front of my computer when I watched her, and bawled like a baby when the audience responded so joyously for her! God love her for taking a chance and wowing the world! And screw the rest who assumed she would be laughable! I have a new diva to admire: Susan Boyle!

Unknown said...

Me too...just posted and in my heart knew somebody must have picked this up. I tagged the vid...haven't seen other blogs yet. I too was greatly moved by this vid....just totally uplifting.

Joy said...

She's everywhere now! I'm so glad, too.

Sam said...

I've played that video over, and over. Tears of Joy.

Earl said...

I played this for my 91yr. old neighbor. We both had tears in our eyes.