Sunday, April 19, 2009

Lazy, Rainy Sunday

I stayed in bed and listened to the programs I like on NPR this morning while it was raining. My cat Brigit snuggled with me. It was so cozy. My favorite will-not-miss program is "Wait, Wait ... Don't Tell Me!" It's hilarious and about current events. I look forward to it and can listen to the podcasts if I have to be away from the radio at that time.

The rest of the day has been spent on here and reading and being Recliner Cat. Such a good, lazy day! I'm excited because for the first time I have a blank week ahead in my appointment book! I'm so excited! My time is my own! I just love being retired!

9 comments:

Eric Arvin said...

That pic is a hoot!

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I am soooo incredibly jealous! My staycation is over and I have to go back to the grind tomorrow!

Joy said...

So sorry, Miss Ginger! But you're so good at your job - I just know you are!

Thanks, Eric. It cracks me up every time I look at it.

Angel said...

omg, that picture cracks me up!!! and I can't wait for my husband to retire so we can move to North Carolina and be closer to Rae and Mike!

ok, here's the scoop....I'm going to NYC the week after memorial Day...I'm a mush head, and didn't know it was the week AFTER!! ;) I'm staying with zombie mom and kailyn in a hotel, but I WILL be spending alot of time with My Tranny...and I plan on going to the pub crawl and lasting for as long as I can! I go to bed at 9pm so this should be interesting! I can't wait to jump on My Tranny and never let him go!

I wish you could come to Auntie Flame, cuz we need ALL the Dust Bunnies there!!! oh the pictures I will have.......

Bob said...

I LOVE that cat!

We had a glorious day in Smallville, so it was yardwork and grillin' and sauvignon blanc.
Purrrrrrrr-fection!

Snowbrush said...

I like "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" too.

Great shot of you in your recliner.

Joy said...

Recliner Cat was my day yesterday! The picture will show up periodically.

Thank you, Beth! I know you'll have a great time and can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures. And also thank you for saying you wish I were going. You're the only one who has! I appreciate it. :-)

Mark in DE said...

Funny photo! I love lazy, unplanned days like you described, and I envy your retirement.

Wonder Man said...

that cat is almost like my kitty, Hera