Friday, April 17, 2009

Holes in My Head

Somewhere around 40 years ago, I had my ears pierced. After the diagnosis of my unfortunate illness, I got paranoid and decided not to have metal getting into my body through my ear lobes and stopped wearing earrings. I also started the journey toward no longer dying my hair since I read about a link to that and a type of lymphoma I didn't have. Well, I've missed wearing earrings but haven't been able to because I couldn't get them in there without pain. So finally I got them re-pierced Wednesday morning. Now after six weeks wearing these gold studs, I can wear my earrings again and maybe buy some new ones to celebrate!

By the way, according to Trivial Pursuit, ear piercing is the number one form of self-mutilation in the US.

15 comments:

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Clearly, I would die without my earrings! When I was a baby drag queen I used to shop for clips, but the FABULOUS one all required pierced ears. So I had 2 more holes poked in my head, and now I can wear any earrings I want! Good for you, gurl!

Chris said...

What a wonderful little triumph - enjoy it all.

#Debi said...

Hmmm, sounds like someone needs a faboo pair of earrings to celebrate! Are you a gold or silver girl?

Sam said...

Oh god, I just knew the internet would corrupt you. Just no tattoo's!! xoxoxox
My Mom wouldn't go anywhere without her big gold loops, she looked like one classy HO.
Enjoy!

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said...

How the hell did I do that?You can thank me later, this what you call a 4for1

the dogs' mother said...

Daughter went with her Nana to get her ears pierced and then they both came home with nose studs!!! BUT they were fake and they thought they were so funny giving me a heart attack...

Joy said...

Both/either, actually. I wear both. :-)

Joy said...

Funny, Sam! You got carried away! I had some hoops (not huge - I have a short neck) I used to wear often. But mostly I wore some that looked like little chains through my ears.

That's funny, FP!!

Wonder Man said...

I have always thought about piercing my ears, but never had

Bob said...

As a young gay boy, I had two holes in my head as well--in one ear, mind you.
But that was a while back in the days of purple ahir and such......

Unknown said...

I've never mutilated myself but I sure have abused myself.

Joy said...

Not to worry, Sam. I don't even want a tattoo or any more piercings!!! So the internet hasn't corrupted me completely! :-)