Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday Moanin'

Actually I feel better today than I thought I would. As expected, my knee is sore but no swelling. The bruises will show up later probably. The ice pack (bag of frozen peas) and liniment helped.

Fortunately, I don't fall often. It's been over ten years since I fell, and that was a foolish downhill grass skiing incident with Brigit in my arms. I landed on the patio and jammed fingers, scraped knees and elbows, and complained a lot.

Maybe we can consider this a DWTS viewer/recapper injury.

9 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Had to go catch up and see how you managed to get in this predicament!

My goodness!
I remember, being a twenty something twit, half running down a hillside jumping from boulder to boulder (this was in Wyoming's Tetons)and my mother being very slow and careful. I just couldn't imagine why she was having so much trouble. NOW I do!

Sam said...

Well. Missy I just about turned the truck around towards TN when I read you fell. I hope you are mending nicely, and please watch those steps.
xoxoxo

Jeff said...

Very sorry to hear about your fall :( Hope you are feeling better soon. Big hug!

Joy said...

Y'all are so sweet! Thank you! I thought I was being careful. Not so much!

David Dust said...

Joy - this story made headlines over at DavidDust...

XOXOXOXOXO

Mistress Maddie said...

OH NO! I just got online tonight and saw you took a spill. Glad to hear your doing better. Now from here on out pratice the dance moves from DWTS before you try them out!!! LOL! Glad to hear also you enjoyed the show from last night.

Joy said...

Thank you, MM! :-) Good advice!

Unknown said...

Better pick your dancing floors a little more carefully. I dance in spaces where there are chairs n stuff to hang on to.
I used to dance in snow and in mud puddles even waxed floors...but have learned better now.

Jimbo said...

Aww, Joy! Sorry you fell, glad you weren't seriously hurt. Wishing you a speedy recovery, even though you didn't see the humor in Belinda sticking her tongue out at Woz. LOL

XO