Tuesday, March 10, 2009

How?

How do those women older than I am manage to have skin that looks so much younger? Charo's neck didn't even look crepey on RuPaul's Drag Race last night. I googled and there are disputes about her age. She says she was born in 1951 which was upheld by a court even though it was reported as 1941. That would have made her 15 when she married 66 year old Xavier Cugat! Wow! She said her parents falsified records so she could marry him.

Even so, at 58 her neck and skin look good. And so do Sophia Loren's at 74! You can get work done just about anywhere, but the neck not so much. Sally Field and Joan Baez are around my age, and their faces and necks show that they haven't had anything done. I think it is better for actors not to since they need to have facial expressions and show emotion. They generally play real people and need to look authentic. Judi Dench and Helen Mirren are proof that women can look good as they age naturally. The women and men who overdo the injections and surgery tend to look like that lion woman after a while. It's scary and creepy! Doing something that improves their natural appearance and makes them look rested is OK, but many of them don't know when to stop and all end up looking alike.

But back to the neck, how does that happen? OK, perhaps I've answered my own question. Check out these photos. I think all of them look just fine and much better than they would if they'd had lots of work done. Of all of them, Charo probably has had the most. I'm not sure several of them had any and hope they didn't. What do you think?






9 comments:

Jeff said...

Dame Judi all the way! She's amazing! :)

Chris said...

Coochie Coochie Mama!!!

#Debi said...

I want to be Judi Dench when I grow up...

Dan said...

They say that to not look like you have had surgery, you need to have your first one when you turn 40 and you will look more natural as you grow older. Obvioulsy Joan Rivers didnt get the memo.

Unknown said...

Whatever bloats your float.
Two people that kind of shock me are Carol Burnett and Charo, not for any plastic work but for their teeth.
Here Sophia's "gullet" is kind of shocking.
The fact remains that I just don't see aging women in my life who look like any of these people and frankly prefer the fantastic character in the faces of the women I experience.

Unknown said...

Whatever bloats your float.
Two people that kind of shock me are Carol Burnett and Charo, not for any plastic work but for their teeth.
Here Sophia's "gullet" is kind of shocking.
The fact remains that I just don't see aging women in my life who look like any of these people and frankly prefer the fantastic character in the faces of the women I experience.

Anonymous said...

I think Joan Baez is a hundred times hotter now than when she was younger.

Debster said...

Clean living and pure thoughts, thats all it takes.

Wonder Man said...

judi is amazing