Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cliffie Time

Blogland really does feel like Cheers to me. We all have our special places around the bar or at tables and enjoy the banter and sense of community. Some are regulars and some visit periodically. I look forward to spending time with you, and it means so much to me that you are here. Hugs!!

Anybody ready for a game of pool? When is quiz night? I'm already playing Scrabble with a couple of you on Facebook (Charlie and Chris). Get out the cards and board games!

Now for the trivia ...

During World War II, in May 1942, U.S. ice cream manufacturers were restricted by law to produce only 20 different flavors of ice cream. But to this date, no explanation for the law has ever been offered.

8 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Love your trivia! amazing isn't it!And our blogging world is a bit like Cheers, isn't it? I'm like you, I have regulars and now and then'ers, but not sure what I would do without our little/big community!

Mistress Maddie said...

It is like a little family isn't it! I do enjoy your blog so much. I'm trying to down size my blog reading or set up a table to read certain blogs on certain days. But there are so many good things to read about. It just passes the hours so quickly.

Christo Gonzales said...

you make my head spin like a horror movie

Joy said...

But in a good way, right, Doggy? :-)

Thank you MM! I know what you mean about keeping up with the blog reading!

Unknown said...

I like the bar comparison but it's a good thing I don't have a drink every time I come in.

Well, Maine is closed for the day. thisone is the one you had in Tennessee. Heard you got 5-6". Nachurly, we're due for another foot.

Oh ya, I think it's your turn again. My tiles are all consonants...put in some vowels will ya?
xoxoxo

Dan said...

I am always up for a game of Scrabble, but unfortunately I play dirty words. I know that should not come as a surprise to you!

Mark in DE said...

"Where everybody knows your name..."

Joy said...

Dan, that would be fun! We'll have to play Scrabble in real life sometimes. No, it doesn't surprise either of us, right? :-)

The one on FB won't let you play creative words.