Wednesday, August 27, 2008

DWTS - Coming Monday, September 22!

The new line-up has been announced for Dancing with the Stars (or Dwarf Stars, as I call them since Pluto was demoted to dwarf planet). Here is the list but the best news is that Maks is back!!

• Toni Braxton and season one DWTS champ Alec Mazo
• Lance Bass and Lacey Schwimmer
• Ted McGinley and Inna Brayer
• Cloris Leachman and Corky Ballas
• Warren Sapp and Kym Johnson
• Rocco DiSpirito and Karina Smirnoff
• Kim Kardashian and reigning DWTS champ Mark Ballas
• Maurice Green and two-time DWTS champ Cheryl Burke
• Misty May-Treanor and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
• Susan Lucci and Tony Dovolani
• Jeffrey Ross and Edyta Sliwinska
• Cody Linley two-time DWTS champ Julianne Hough
• Brooke Burke and Derek Hough

For more information about the dwarf stars and commentaries that echo what I think, check out Jim's post here.

There are some new dancers this time and some who haven't been there for a while. I dout that Edyta will get to stay long because she's dancing with comedian Jeffrey Ross. I'm glad Corky Ballas, Mark's father, is partnered with Cloris Leachman, who will be a hoot. Toni Braxton and Alec Mazo (Edyta's husband) will look good together. Married couple Jonathan Roberts and Anna Trebynskya aren't returning this season, I notice. From what I hear, the pros make more money in dance competitions than they do on this show. It depends on how long they stay on. I hope they are getting better deals now that they have their own fans, too. Possibly the publicity helps them branch out to other things, but they are already well-known in the dance world. Besides, how well would the celebrities do without them?


Andie said...

Andie here.....awww have reedemed yourself.. You have in the past week posted about DWTS, Olympic sex, David Dust and politics...topics I have NEVER covered. You got me beat.

So there.

Chris said...

This cast isn't bowling me over - though I do love Cloris Leachman who at 82 is the oldest to compete and I am guessing will make a go of it.

I only hope Cheeryl and Julianne last long for purely selfish (oogling) reasons.

Joy said...

Thanks, Andie! :-)

I know what you mean, Chris, but I'm usually surprised by someone and hope that happens this time. I'm not carried away with any of these that much. I hope Cheryl and Julianne stay, too. I like them both. Of course, I want to see Maks stick around for my similar selfish reasons. So I hope they entertain us.

Berry Blog said...

Oh boy oh boy oh boy...Love Cloris. She was on a roast the other night ( bob Saget)and they hit her hard with age jokes. She was not only a good sport but with her turn she reamed them new orifices everywhere. She was tops!