Gleeks, do you agree with this article in Vanity Fair about last night's episode of Glee or not? I watched it and enjoyed it and would like to know what you think. Here is an excerpt about the songs and the article is HERE.
Song Rating (* to *****)
• “Hello, I Love You” (The Doors) ** This song last felt original and interesting when I was seven. But I love it when the characters sing in "musical fashion," while enduring their real life.
• “Gives You Hell” (All American Rejects) **** Rachel is angry, and expresses it in character, as the leader of a PG-13 Mickey Mouse Club singalong.
• “Hello” (Lionel Richie)*** A bit obvious for a show titled "Hello," but this ballad always makes me mourn the loss of AM radio and its achingly saccharine sounds.
• “Hello, Again” (Neil Diamond) ***** As on-the-nose as a beanbag in a clown's face. But this is a flawless Diamond.
• “Highway to Hell” (AC/DC) **** Vocal Adrenaline provides some much needed pyrotechnics and choreography. And screaming.
• “Hello, Goodbye” (The Beatles) ** A visual indicator of the confounding back-and-forth plot lines of the episode, in lame black-and-white formal-wear.