Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wine

For those of you who would like for wine to be sold in TN grocery stores, HERE is a website that gives information and a link to write to your legislators. It's called Red White and Food. I just sent emails to my state legislators, one I know is in favor of this because he sponsored it - not sure about the other one since he sponsored that legislation to allow guns in bars and restaurants. They can sell beer in grocery stores here but not wine. Weird. Get me out of here!

5 comments:

David Dust said...

In Pennsylvania you still must buy beer at a Beer Distributor and wine/liquor must be bought at a state-run liquor store ("State Store"). You can't buy wine or beer in grocery or convenience stores.

That's one of the MANY reasons I moved.

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Wonder Man said...

That is weird

Bob said...

Our stores sell wine.
NOT ON SUNDAY!
Unless you're in the nexy county over.
I hear they're heathens over there.

SteveA said...

Wierd - in the UK they sell wine and beer even on Sunday!

Mr.Mischief said...

I can tell I've always lived in Michigan, the variation in laws always amazes me-here you can but after 7 am during the week and something like 12 noon on the weekends I think, and the grocery stores all sell wine-hell, even the 7-11 sells wine right down the street.