Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Auntie Meme

Well, since it's Howard, I'll do this. He tagged me for a meme, and although there aren't many things most of you don't know about me (that I'd tell on here), I'll give it a shot.

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.

Thank you, Howard.

2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.


3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.

Soundtrack to My Day

4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.

So many! This is the hard part.

(1) I'm a cat person. Mostly because I like it that cats use the litter box, don't eat all their food so it can be left out for them, don't require baths that often, don't have to be walked, and don't bark. I'm too lazy to have a dog and don't like to be jumped on and licked by them.



(2) I survived the 60's without addictions and with quite a bit of my idealism. I'm a realist but hopeful. I didn't do drugs but did try smoking pot and didn't like it. I don't smoke, so it hurt my lungs. I also didn't like to feel disoriented (well, more than I am naturally). I don't like to be out of control even though I was drunk a few too many times back then. Anyone who says you wouldn't do anything drunk you wouldn't do sober has never been drunk. One of those experiences marked the end of my drinking except for wine now and then. It happened a long time ago - like at least 25 years ago.


(3) I love being retired but wish I weren't so old. My life hasn't exactly gone the way I hoped it would. There are quite a few things I'd change if I could rewind.


(4) Have enjoyed traveling and want to do more of it. For example, I want to go back to Europe and want to visit Australia. There are places here in the US to go, too. I want to visit my blog friends and nephews and/or meet them in various places. I'd love to visit Charlie and get him down here sometime. So many places to go! Also, how can I work it out to live in the SW (Arizona or New Mexico) during a lot of the summer?


(5) A lot of people get on my nerves.


(6) I actually do this.


(7) I'm still intimidated by my external hard drive and haven't used it yet.


5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers and post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.

I hate to ask any of you to do this because I know some of you hate it, and some others I'd ask have already been tagged. So if you don't choose to participate, that's OK. I'm asking you because I like your blogs. I don't always comment on them because often I read them on my Blackberry and can't comment or post - just read.

- My dear friend Charlie I've known for at least 15 years, I think. How long has it been, Charlie? His blog is Berry Blog HERE.

- Tugboat my favorite truck driver and best storyteller ever! His blog "The Award Winning! God, You Ain't Goin' to Believe This!" is HERE.

- Froggy at the former Frogponder but now Froggy.

- Mrs. Miss Alaineus because what I know about you already is fascinating, and I'd like to know more.

- Her wonderful new husband Mr. Mischief whose blog is A Bit of Loki.

- Ken at Bucko's World. He's Nutwood Beth's husband and a neat guy.

- Oxy on The Life and Times of Huge Alex. He's from Wales originally, lived in the US a long time, and is now back in the UK.

- Chris at From A Whisper to A Scream.

6. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

I think I remembered to let all of them know!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that was fast! It took me a couple of days to come up with my answers. I love your visual aids, and identify with many of your answers!

Romance said...

I love this post. It was super fun to read you answers and you cracked me up to the point of laughing out loud a few times!! plus, I got introduced to some new blogs... thanks

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I loved learning more about you, but I love even more that you didn't nominate me!!!

MWAH!

Joy said...

I knew better, Miss G!!! Mwah!!

Thanks, Howard and Zombie Mom!

the dogs' mother said...

Has anyone nominated David yet?

Mark in DE said...

Interesting stuff, Joy! :-)

Wonder Man said...

Very interesting. Oh, I'm taking another script writing class this summer and then try to get into the dept.

Oxy said...

Thanks for the mention Joy! This site finally reached these cold shores this morning! I love the line about mentally correcting grammar. Actually, I mention it to people as they make a mistake. I now don't have many friends....

Kyle Leach said...

That was fun Joy!

I frequent all but two of the people you nominated, so I'll have to check out the last two.

Ken Riches said...

Glad you were nominate and shared some things with us. Thanks for the nomination, I will respond this weekend :o)