Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Can't Escape

I haven't been in a relationship for quite a while partly because I don't want drama in my life. I didn't take into account Brigit the demanding feline blonde diva in my house and life. I don't know why I thought it would work to pretend I was still asleep after she woke me up pawing my arm, running back and forth across me, knocking things off the night table, and being as annoying as possible. Why? Her dish with treats in it was empty. She had food, water, and a cleaned-out litter box, but having no treats (supposed to be occasional not regular) was enough to relentlessly harangue me in the middle of the night. If I'd just gone on and done what she wanted in the first place I could have saved two hours of drama and gone back to sleep. Sorry. Just had to interrupt this post to open the door and let her outside for a little while. She has me trained.

Here she is on my knitting bag. Looks deceptively sweet and content, doesn't she?

9 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

Auntie Flame, may I recommand if you will you a little gin before bed! It knocked Dusty out for the night when I was there. Of course, by the way you talk,your little blond feline may not know where to stop! And it's pretty funny she is keeping that knitting sack warm

David Dust said...

Yes, ever since "Auntie Maddie" came to visit, my little Dusty Winehouse sleeps LIKE A LOG.

Although I keep finding empty mini-bottles of booze all over the apartment...

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I agree with my sisters! And if the gin doesn't put the kitteh to sleep, prescribe some for yourself! Does the trick for me!

Bob said...

She has that Joan Crawford "Don't fuck with me fellas" kind of look on her face!

Anonymous said...

In any relationship with any cat, we are not the owners nor the boss. They have us exactly where they want us...

Ken Riches said...

You have evolved to the perfect cat slave :o)

Joy said...

Yes, I am at her command! Last night I made sure she had some treats in her dish, and she let me sleep uninterrupted. Sheesh!

Mark in DE said...

She's very pretty, but oh my, I could not put up with that! Pouncer will meow and meow for food in the morning, but if I stay still and keep my eyes closed he thinks I'm asleep and will leave me alone until I stir or speak.

Joy said...

Fortunately it is rare for her to do this, but now I keep the treats in that bowl filled before I go to bed. I hate it when she does this stuff. She also gets under my feet and is going to kill us both ... well, kill me. She'll probably evade my fall. Grrr!!

Somehow I love her anyway.