Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Friday

I don't shop on the day after Thanksgiving. It's too crowded and frantic. There are people who love doing it, get up at 4:00 or 5:00 in the morning, and head out with their lists and coupons. Not me.

I went to Mother's and took the tape I recorded of the Barbara Walters interview with the Obamas. We were discussing it Thanksgiving, and she missed it. She looked at me and scolded, "Why didn't you tell me that was on?" I told her she usually kept up with all that. So fortunately I hadn't deleted it from my DVR, so we enjoyed watching it together. I'd seen it but missed some of it because I often watch TV and am on my laptop at the same time. I'm not as good at multi-tasking as I used to be. Since she had some good leftovers from yesterday, we had a good lunch.

This bronchitis is finally getting better. Yesterday I thought I'd have to go to the doctor today, but my lungs quit hurting so much. Maybe I'll make it now.

I hope all of you are enjoying your holiday. What did you do?

5 comments:

David Dust said...

I have been eating leftovers and taking naps all day here at my Dad's house.

Tomorrow I'll go back over to Mama Bunny's house, and hang out with her.

XOXOXO

Joy said...

Sounds good to me!

xoxoxoxo

the dogs' mother said...

I would not have been out today either but for OT relatives. We go around to the specialty shops. I have a route that completely avoids the mall and the big chain stores. We leave the guys with the little kids and they wear them out. Feed them up with turkey sandwiches and they conk out on the way home. Their Daddy with with the football team in Hawaii. I'm glad I have two days to recover!

Dan said...

Just hanging out! Luis and I are going through all of our Christmas decorations and trying to figure out what we are going to do. It is going to be 47 today, the perfect time to decorate outside.

Jimbo said...

I was actually one of the fools who went to the mall. I had to pick up a pair of glasses. I also picked up really good deals on a set of sheets and a blanket at Macy's. I walked into a couple other stores and was pleased to see the really long lines, but didn't have the patience to wait in them so I got out of there and went to the grocery store in preparation for my weekend.