Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Work

Well, I actually had to work quite a bit today. There were many customers, which is great for their business, who knew what they wanted. That makes it easier for both of us. I did almost finish my book and will read the rest of it tonight.

This year I'm not into Christmas and actually wish I could skip it. I can't get enthusiastic about it at all and wish I were somewhere else during December and January. I prefer Thanksgiving. This would be a good time to be where it's warm. Not hot. Warm.

I used to decorate trees (yes, sometimes two), have decorations around the house and a few outside including my sign that says Yuletide Joy (I can't help myself and have decorations with my name on them), bake goodies, make candy, wrap presents with a theme, and get excited about it all. Now not so much. So I'd better work on my attitude. It won't be long until the festivities.

3 comments:

David Dust said...

I'm feeling the exact same way this year.

XOXOXOXO

Ken Riches said...

We are going minimal this year, not decorating until about the 19th.

Unknown said...

I've just sort of signed off as the snow crashed off my porch roof onto 3-4 brightly lit shrubs. As I pulled strings of lights out of the pile and stretched them over the prickly, thorny bushes I said to myself..."that's Xmas card time that will never be replaced."