Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Weather and the Homeless

I know it's snowing where some of you are. Tell us about it and post pictures if you want to. It's raining here with flash flood warnings in some counties. Cold, gray rain. I've been cozy in the house reading a John Grisham book I discovered that I hadn't read with a warm cat beside me. Brigit likes it when I read and likes to snuggle beside me. She really liked it when I read the Harry Potter novels back-to-back. I bought that Grisham novel for five cents at McKays! It's The Street Lawyer and the flip side of The Blind Side since it's about the homeless. One of the women was like Michael Oher's mother, and her son was in a foster home where he blossomed. The economy is creating more and more homeless people, and many of us are one or two pay checks away from disaster. Thank goodness there are places that help them, but it's a huge problem, especially during such cold weather.

2 comments:

Bob said...

We're cold and rainy and no chance of snow for this week. I always look forward to our little inches we get, so, maybe soon.....

Mark in DE said...

Just rain here, too. I also think about the homeless especially when temperatures go below freezing.