Sunday, December 13, 2009

Potpourri

Ms. Moon's post on Christmas contains this: Joni Mitchell singing "It's coming on Christmas, they're cutting down trees, they're putting up reindeer, singing songs of joy and peace and I wish I had a river I cut skate away on," is more close to my bone. If you've never read her blog, you are missing so much. Ms. Moon writes from her soul with eloquence, humor, and force. We have a group of fans here who discuss what she wrote and just know the others read her.

*************

Congratulations to Houston on the election of their new mayor Annise Parker!

*************

I'm going to Nashville to do some more shopping for Christmas but have done some here in town and online.

*************

I really am going to make some major changes early in the year and stick with them.

4 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

>>I really am going to make some major changes early in the year and stick with them. <<

You and me both!!!

Mistress Maddie said...

I do love that Joni song, I have heard it before. And what changes will you be making? Are you giving up being a size queen? Or are you just going to start sleeping in planetariums now!

Joy said...

Well, now, Maddie, I can't change THOSE things! Some of us love to learn and stay awake, don't we? And once a size queen .... well, what can I say? :-) We have to be careful what we decide to change and make sure it's not an inconvenience.

Unknown said...

I know me so well...so I'm not promisin'nuthin' I'll probably read another book on the power of intent.