Tuesday, September 22, 2009

DWTS Season 9

Tonight the women dance. Len gave low scores tonight and was highly critical - more than last night. He gets grouchy sometimes.

Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo
Macy Gray and Jonathan Roberts
Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas
Kathy Ireland and Tony Dovolani
Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough
Debi Mazar and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Mya and Dmitry Chaplin
Kelly Osbourne and Louis Van Amstel


Debbie Mazar has potential and did parts of the salsa well but lost her timing and missed footwork some. If she can stay, I think she'll improve. She and Maks are funny together during rehearsal. (score 16 + 6 = 22)



Sabrina has grown up and has children. Melissa Joan Hart danced the Viennese Waltz pretty well but lacked elegance and some footwork. She has potential but not sure Mark will repeat his championship this year. (score 16 + 6 = 22)



Mya (who?) is a singer. She danced the Viennese Waltz so much better than I ever thought she would based on rehearsal. I enjoyed it. Her footwork, turns, timing, and posture were all good. Len and Bruno argued about the dance since Len said it wasn't a Viennese Waltz and fussed at Dmitry. Bruno said it was artistry. Two 8's and Len's 5. Woo! (score 21 + 10 = 31)



What's with models who can't dance? Kathy Ireland is another one but better than some we've seen. (score 16 + 4 = 20)



Natalie Coughlin is an Olympic gold medal swimmer and has that focus and training. She was concentrating on her moves so much that they didn't look loose and spontaneous. Potential for sure, though. (score 19 + 8 = 27)


Macy Gray and Jonathan had to rehearse all over Europe while she was on tour. Well, this was interesting. Not that graceful but sort of charming. (score 15 + 4 = 19)






A model who danced the salsa well - Joanna Krupa had good hip action and energy. Best dance of the night. Derek might win with another model, but we'll see. (score 24 + 10 = 34)


Kelly Osbourne is all platinum blonde now. She danced the Viennese Waltz with grace and style. Sharon and Ozzy were there cheering her on, and Sharon cried (so did I just watching them). She ran over to hug them both. Who thought I'd be crying about Kelly and her parents? Well done! (score 23 + 8 = 31)






Relay Dance - Foxtrot: Joanna (10) Natalie (8) Debi (6) Kathy (4)

Relay Dance - Cha-Cha: Mya (10) Kelly (8) Melissa (6) Macy (4)

I called these, too! Watch and learn, huh? So, who will go home tomorrow night?

5 comments:

Jimbo said...

I called the first Relay but not the second one (I got Mya and Kelly switched).

Macy is a train wreck. I feel bad for Jonathan, looks like he'll be going home again after two dances. Macy deserves to go home, unlike his partner from last season ;-)

Nice update!

the dogs' mother said...

Oh! My! Gosh! I caught the Tom DeLay dance on the news today. There are some things people should never, ever see and the swinging tushie was one of them. oh my.

Unknown said...

Didn't like Macy's attitude in rehearsal but guess she had her priorities. Felt badly for her partner when she did a half assed job even trying.
Osmond has just blossomed from her awkward teenage years and is simply charming.
Agree with FP on Tom Delay- I don't even like his personality- it begs too much.

Unknown said...

For me, this week was about Kelly Ozborn and Skaterboi for the wins.

Joy said...

Who knew Kelly could be so endearing and polite? That was all quite touching.

It was close with me about Kelly and Mya, Jim. I kept switching them up but finally decided on Mya. Yes, Jonathan will not be on much longer since Macy lumbers through the dances. Last season - yes, I know! Belinda!

I could barely watch Tom DeLay much less write about him. He totally grossed me out. Poor Cheryl!