Monday, May 25, 2009

Another Sign of the Apocalypse


I've seen ads for that Get Me Out of Here. I'm a Celebrity! or whatever the title of it is and am convinced that your IQ will drop 20 points if you watch it. The premise of the show seems to combine Survivor and Fear Factor, neither of which I've seen but know about just by watching TV. I thought DWTS had dwarf stars on it, but this group doesn't even make the D-List. I've never heard of any of them but Stephen Baldwin and Sanjaya. I think Gov. Blago's wife is going to be on there, too. NBC programming used to make some decisions to put good shows on. Now look what they're doing.

OK, I looked it up and notice I have the title backwards but doubt anyone cares. Here's a list of the "celebrities" which still doesn't help me know who they are from this article.
The "I'm a Celebrity..." cast, as unveiled Friday (April 24) is dominated by reality TV retreads Sanjaya Malakar ("American Idol"), Janis Dickinson ("America's Next Top Model") and Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt ("The Hills"), plus former NBC player John Salley ("Best Damned Sports Show Period"), professional wrestler Torrie Wilson and available Baldwin Brother, Stephen ("Bio-Dome").

And yes, your math is correct. NBC appears to still be at least two celebrities short (some might say the network is seven or eight actual celebrities short). The network says that additional stars, plus a host, will be announced next week.


I won't be watching this.

20 comments:

Bob said...

I won't be watching it with you, Joy.

the dogs' mother said...

Goes to show that some people will do absolutely anything to stay in the public eye.

Anonymous said...

I never cared for Survivor, I think they dragged down the quality of TV in general.

I did however think Sanjaya would've been a funny contestant on DWTS because he's such a ham.

Eric Arvin said...

That's a definite Must Not See.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

They ran this show a few years agao and it was dumb then. I can't believe it's back, and I can't believe they don't have Joan and Melissa Rivers on it!

David Dust said...

No ... just NO.

The television executive who gave the go-ahead for this show should have his own show, entitled, "Throw Things at the TV Exec Until He Dies". Not THAT I would watch.

XOXOXOXO

Sam said...

They are making this crap? What a bunch of junk, Can you believe they cancelled "My Name is Earl"?
Come on Joy, atleast it was funny.

Joy said...

Yes, they cancel good shows that are funny and entertaining and put on shows like this. I'm still not over their canceling West Wing. They still have a few I like on there, but they really piss me off.

NBC = Nothing But Crap!

Wonder Man said...

I can't watch it either

#Debi said...

I also will be not watching this with you. Didn't watch the first one, why start now? And seriously, Sanjaya? They must be hurting for available celebs...

Dan said...

since our formor Gov Blago cant go, court wont allow him to leave the state, his foul mouthed wife Pati will be joining the cast as well.

Joy said...

Train wreck after train wreck, right Dan?

Joy said...

Yeah, I think Sanjaya sould have gone for DWTS instead if they wanted him on there.

Tivo Mom said...

John Salley was a great basketball player (in college) what happened? How has he sunk so low. And someone please tell Spencer and Heidi to go away. Please!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to not watch

逆援助 said...

セレブ達は一般の人達とは接する機会もなく、その出会う唯一の場所が「逆援助倶楽部」です。 男性はお金、女性はSEXを要求する場合が多いようです。これは女性に圧倒的な財力があるから成り立つことの出来る関係ではないでしょうか?

救援部 said...

貴方のオ○ニーライフのお手伝い、救援部でHな見せたがり女性からエロ写メ、ムービーをゲットしよう!近所の女の子なら実際に合ってHな事ができちゃうかも!?夏に向けて開放的になっている女の子と遊んじゃおう

出会い said...

急に時間が出来ても友達はみんなカレシと一緒でかまってくれません…アタシと遊んでくれる人メール下さい☆ a.a-mai@docomo.ne.jp

逆援交際 said...

会員制の逆援交際倶楽部では男性は無料、一日最低額10万円保障での交際をお求めできます。ご登録された女性様達はセレブであるがための悩みをそれぞれの方が持ち、皆様、男性との営みを求め、ご登録されております。彼女たちとの初々しい一時をお楽しみ、謝礼をいただいてくださいませ。会員制ですので人数に限りがあるため、打ち切りの場合はご了承ください

家出 said...

家出中でネットカフェやマンガ喫茶にいる女の子たちは、お金が無くなり家出掲示板で今晩泊めてくれる男性を探しています。ご飯を食べさせてあげたり泊めてあげることで彼女たちはHなお礼をしてくれる事が多いようです