Sunday, March 21, 2010

Catching Up

I went to Nashville yesterday to watch my granddaughter Kari play in a volleyball tournament. Her team, Choo Choo City, made it to the semifinals. They live in a suburb of Chattanooga - cute name for their team. My daughter Kathy and I had lots of time to talk and visit. I'll post some pix on FB when I get around to it. Have to go to the grocery soon.

Obviously my foot is much better - almost well. Thank goodness for antibiotics that work.

I've been watching the Health Care Bill periodically today when I could stand it. I switched back and forth between C-SPAN and MSNBC because I just couldn't listen to some of those speakers. It's a miracle anything ever gets done in Congress. Good grief!

Fortunately, this was a good weekend - the first one for two weeks. Last weekend I had plumbing problems and called my regular plumbers who sent someone over on Sunday. He found that it wasn't in my part but the city's. They called the water department who sent someone over Monday morning. They did laparoscopic plumbing and discovered a pipe had collapsed. They said I could shower and flush but not to do anything else like laundry or run the dishwasher. The gas, electric, and phone companies had to come out to be sure no digging would interfere with their lines. I had all kinds of spray paint on my street in front of my house and the place where the water department pipe is for our houses around here.

Nothing had been done, so I called Thursday to ask when it was scheduled. Those same guys from Monday came back to check things and let me know some main lines had to be fixed as a priority and hoped mine would be fixed soon. Aha! Early Friday morning they were out there! Relief! It feels good to have all that working again. The best part is that I didn't have to pay for it since it was the water department's pipe. Well, I have been paying for it with my water/sewer bill for almost 40 years. I just had to pay the plumbers for coming out here.

Friends and I have gone out to lunch and dinner a few times lately. After being shut in and relatively immobile, it was good to be social.

5 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Love the name of the team and glad you are out buzzing around having fun for a good change!

Ken Riches said...

Great job Kari and team :o)

Sam said...

Glad your foot is better, I've been listening to the Fox News Channel just to hear them cry.

Joy said...

Thanks! I've been reading your tweets, Tug. Glad you told me about it so I don't have to listen to them. LOL Guess you need to change this profile picture, too.

Joy said...

Appreciate what you said, Froggy and Bucko! Thanks!