Sunday, May 2, 2010

We're All Wet

It's still raining. The ground is saturated. Rivers have crested and overflowed. People are stranded and some are in shelters. It's much worse in Nashville than it is here, but it's bad enough here. Roads are impassable and dangerous. Neighborhoods look like rivers and lakes. Highways are beginning to crack and crumble. Boats are out on flooded streets, highways, yards, and parking lots to rescue people. It's bad and hasn't stopped raining.

So far, so good for me and my family and most of my friends. Just wanted to give you an update. This is all that's on the local TV channels. Weather people are on with their fancy maps and graphics, and we stay informed except for all those people without electricity now. There have been 6 deaths in the state from this and damaged and ruined homes and cars.

I'm watching semis making their way through the flood on I-40 and thinking about Tug.

No rain is predicted all next week, thank goodness!

Check HERE and/or HERE for articles and photos.

5 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Well, at least your weather thingy has caught up with the actual weather.
Overcast and breezy here - wish I could send some your way!

Ken Riches said...

Keeping you in my thoughts, glad you are not seeing the worst of it.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

This must be so scary for you! Take care! We love you!

Bob said...

After I saw your earlier post, I saw some horrifc footage on the news. Take care, CliffieJoy!

Mistress Maddie said...

After I read this, I did a no rain dance for the Auntie Flame listening area! You should have a clear week! Glad your doing fine.