Sunday, February 13, 2011


Floor-cleaning products in Venezuela have ten times the pine fragrance of U.S. floor cleaners. Venezuelan women won’t buy a weaker fragrance. These obsessive homemakers may wet-mop their tile floors twice a day, leaving windows and doors open so the scent can waft out to the street to send the message that their houses are clean.

I'm not going to Venezuela. I hate that smell even in small amounts.  That would put me over the edge. 


froggy said...

My evil.x.SIL is teaching down there... hmmmmm.

mistress maddie said...

You wouldn't even sacrfice it for the hot and sexy Venezuelian men???

Joy said...

No, I can't sacrifice even for them! It's a deal breaker.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I think everyone has their own sensory perception of clean- for my Momma, it wasn't clean if it didn't smell like bleach!

My Celia uses Pine Sol in some places, bleach in others, and Fabuloso in between. It creates a uniquely clean smell, and when I come home I always bask in a house that has been freshly Celiacized!