Sunday, January 23, 2011

Whine Time

What Brendan had is highly contagious because now Brian and I have it. Brian said he thinks it's a norovirus (which I had to look up and think he's right). I went to bed before midnight and threw up every hour from around 2 until 4. I covered up in my "reading chair" as Brendan calls it and dozed off and on until around 7 when I decided to go to bed. Oh no, not so easy. Those of you with cats know about those spells of bulemia they get because of hairballs. Yes, as if my experiences weren't enough, Brigit threw up on my bed for the first time ever. Laxatone for her again. So I had to change my sheets. What a night and morning!

So I've been in bed most of the day and am heading back there. I have a fever so don't want anything to eat. I hope this fitness water has electrolytes in it since I've had a little of that. OK, see you later.

12 comments:

Beth said...

Norovirus is what you hear about spreading through cruise ships, and yes, it's highly contagious. Try your best to stay hydrated, and you'll get through it. Feel better soon!

David Dust said...

Oh Auntie Flame - take care of yourself!

Feel better.

{{{hugs}}}

XOXOXOXO

Love you! Hate your virus!!

mrs.missalaineus said...

i second what david and beth said. stay hydrated and feel better.

xxalainaxx

the dogs' mother said...

Oh, so no fair! Be well, soon!

Bob said...

Stay rested, and get well soon!

Mistress Maddie said...

Oh no Auntie Flame! I sure do hope you feel better and my wishes of feeling better are off to you! I think im fighting something myself.

Ken Riches said...

Feel better :o)

Joy said...

Thanks everyone! Been in bed most of the day and have been drinking fitness water made by Gatorade. No food - totally unappealing. Should be better tomorrow according to how Brian's feeling.

Sam said...

Damn I missed all this. well I pray your better. Brigit threw up in your bed too? Good grief

Joy said...

Yes, Tug, that really pissed me off. I was in no mood and didn't feel good enough to change the bed but had to of course. She'd never done that before either. And had better never do it again!

Lulu said...

I have a home remedy for your fur ball problems.
Put vaseline on the kittys paws. They don't like the feel of the substance. They lick it off. When it is digested it acts as a lubricant and the furballs are passed instead of them throwing it up. I hope this helps. It worked for me. Been a lurker for over a year!
hugs,
Lulu

Joy said...

Welcome, Lulu! Thanks for the comment and advice. I've been giving her Laxatone which is some kind of flavored Vaseline type stuff that works on the same principal. I get it from the vet which means it costs more, so I might go with the Vaseline!

Hope you make more comments and stick around. Thanks again!