Monday, November 2, 2009

Answer to Your Questions

I've been asked where I get the trivia I post on here. I have an iGoogle page where I have added various gadgets like the weather, literary and Jon Stewart and Albert Einstein quotes, a clock and calendar, maps, cute kitten pictures, movie schedules, news, crossword puzzle, IMDB search, Snopes, and all kinds of stuff I'm interested in. One of these applications is called Useless Knowledge. Tada! That's where I get the trivia. They change it several times a day, so I have a supply. I copy and paste and don't check it out unless there are questions because I'm lazy. As you know, sometimes I do add a photo that goes along with it and/or make my own personal commentary, but that's about it. Here's the latest one:

Dr. Samuel Langley was able to get many model airplanes to fly, but on December 8, 1903, Langley’s "human-carrying flying machine," the aerodrome, plunged into the Potomac River near Washington, D.C., in front of photographers assembled to witness his flight. Reporters around the country made fun of the idea that people could fly—but nine days later, Wilbur and Orville Wright proved them wrong.

0 comments: