Saturday, July 31, 2010

House Blend Dinner

The House Blend Farmer's Market Dinner is tomorrow night, and my group is going again. We enjoy it. Here's the House Blend blog with the menu posted, but I'll copy and paste anyway. I think I've made my decisions (*) even though all of it looks delicious. I might change my mind.

What would you have?

Starters:

Heirloom Tomato Tart

Garlic Shrimp with Tomato Leek Relish *

Salads:

BLT Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes and housemade Ranch *

Watermelon, Red Onion, and Feta on Fresh Spinach with a honey Lime Vinaigrette

Entrees:

Herb Seared Filet of local pasture raised beef with sea salt roasted new potatoes and grilled green beans

Garlic Crusted Pork Loin with Peach Habenero Glaze served over Okra Pancakes with roasted Baby Squash *

Jalapeno White Cheddar Grit Cakes over Summer Gazpacho with Grilled Japanese Eggplant

Desserts:

Plum Upsidedown Cake with Fresh Whipped Cream

Chocolate Honey Almond Tart *

4 comments:

mrs.missalaineus said...

sign me up for the tomato tar and the cheesy grit cakes/ eggplant combo!


yumxxalainaxxyum

Mistress Maddie said...

Honey, I know you love yourself some house blend!!! I think i would get one of everything., but the chocolate honey almond tart sounds delish! My two favorite things together!

David Dust said...

Shrimp App
Watermelon Salad
Beef Entree
Plum Upsidedown Cake

As always, it all sounds delicious.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Sam said...

Wow! who cooks this? Would I even like any of it Joy? I'm so simple the only thing I recognize is cheddar grit cakes!
Maybe I will have to make it to one of these fancy sitdowns.
XOXOXO
Tug