Monday, July 12, 2010

Weekend

I'm busy and like Tina am looking forward to the drive to Austin. We have some things planned that will be fun while we're there and look forward to that, too, but we said how the drive will be helpful. Tina and her son's cat died yesterday. He was a gray fluffy cat like Cody and Columbo that I had. He had an intestinal parasite the vet said he'd probably had before they got him. Like mine, he was a rescued cat. I wonder if those cats are fragile because Cody and Columbo died young, too. I don't know what happened to Cody (short for Codependent), but Columbo had that feline urinary disorder. All three of these cats who looked just alike died from different problems, but it's just odd.

That's a sad way to begin the trip and for her son Matthew to move to another state. Tina had a stressful year at school and worked all summer teaching summer school and an online class which will continue all through next year, so she really needs to get away and have a vacation. I'll post pictures when I get back.

Sunday my brother Butch, sister-in-law Janelle, cousin Sally, her husband Bob, and I took Mother to eat at Montgomery Bell State Park Inn. We had a table with privacy and got to visit there really well. In true first-born fashion, I usually introduce them as "my sister-in-law Janelle and her husband Butch" and have been known to say I'm an only child with a brother.





7 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

So sorry to hear about the kitty.
We can't have them but we loves them all the same.
Bestest of times on your trip!

David Dust said...

I'm so sad to hear about Tina's kitty. There are few things worse than losing a beloved pet.

BTW - I cannot wait to start getting reports from the "Auntie Flame Summer World Tour"!

XOXOXOXO

Mistress Maddie said...

Oh you guys will have the best time! Sorry to hear the trip started with sad news though. And you look so darn cute in the picture, who would think you were so innocent!

Joy said...

I'll pass along the condolences for Awesome the fluffy gray cat to Tina. Thanks!

Yes, David, there will be pictures from the Summer Heat Tour.

Oh, Maddie, you know it! :-)

Wonder Man said...

have a great trip joy and don't be naughty

lelocolon said...

Sorry to hear about Fluffy I also lost my pet the week before I moved to CT. So I did not know how to respond. Some moments were really sad others OK cause I new Paloma (My Cats Name) was really sick. But I was trying to hurry up and buy a house to give her more time in the outdoors. Her body had other plans.
Those are great pics of your family.
Enjoy your summer.

Unknown said...

Your mother looks fantastic... fashino plate for her generation. It is all so obvious from the picts, that your brother has made sure of this. lol
xoxo Charlie