Saturday, October 30, 2010

Outrage

I'm devoting a whole paragraph to Jimmy Smits - for obvious reasons. They're also canceling Outlaw. Since he was on NYPD Blue and LA Law, he hasn't been on another long-running series on his own. Just as he was elected President on The West Wing, it was canceled. I've never gotten over that, either. It is my favorite show of all time even though it was never as good after Aaron Sorkin quit writing it. I remained loyal, but alas! Then Cane didn't last too long, which I could understand. I watched it but didn't like his character.



Now Outlaw will be gone! I like that show and his character is interesting and complex. But no! They'll keep those horrible bachelor shows on along with various mind-numbing reality shows because they are cheaper to produce - so are comedies. Dramas cost more, too, so they cut their losses and don't really give them time to develop the way they used to. Networks, movie studios, and music labels are run by MBA's who won't let producers and writers and performers find their audience or get better. I realize they're in business, but those are creative endeavors. The creativity part needs to be considered not always what is most marketable. Sometimes audiences can be brought up to a higher level.


We know there are way too many dumb people. Look how they vote and not just on American Idol and DWTS. Some of them are running for office and bask in their ignorance. Instead of pandering to the lowest common denominator of humanity, TV could have some quality shows on. Music could produce options to Taylor Swift. Movie studios could be original instead of having so many remakes and sequels.

Thank goodness, for The Good Wife! Hope they don't cancel that.

David and Ginger, you're absolutely right! I added pictures of my favorite hunky actor!

8 comments:

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Auntie Flame!! How can you do a whole post on the adorable Jimmy Smitts with NO PICS?!!

David Dust said...

Unfortunately, the fame whores on those bachelor shows come cheap (so to speak). Talented writers, directors and actors (like Jimmy Smits) do not.

And I agree with Ginger - where are the hunky Jimmy Smits pics???

:)

XOXOXOXO

Unknown said...

You go, girl!

Ken Riches said...

Love Jimmy, but have not watched Outlaw. Hope he can find a new gig.

Joy said...

OK, fixed now!!

Miss Ginger Grant said...

You're the best, AF!!

Great word veri:

I'm gonna wreak cavic on Michael Kors if I ever meet him!

Joy said...

"cavic" I like that

David Dust said...

Thank you for "fixing" this post.

:)

XOXOXO