Monday, October 4, 2010

The Lost Weeks

Have you ever gone through a period of time when you slogged through life and everything was an effort? That's what's been going on. I wasn't sick but didn't feel good. I couldn't seem to get anything done quickly. My sleep pattern was off again, too, and I was on a rock musician's hours. I've been going to the classes at APSU with Tina on Mondays and Fridays. Well, one class and waiting in the gallery during the Wednesday night class. Other than that, I can't say that I've been productive.


Somehow, I haven't felt motivated and just couldn't make myself blog, answer email, or do other things I enjoy doing. Weird. Everything seemed like too much trouble. I'm feeling better now. It started yesterday, so maybe this age is better for me, and I'll have a great year.

But I had a good birthday yesterday. I got cards in the mail - even one from David!! Thank you so much for that! Mother, Brian, Brendan, and I met for lunch at Calypso in Nashville. Melissa wasn't feeling good and couldn't make it. We had a good time and a good meal. I got home and read some of the book Brian gave me. It's a science fiction novel Pattern Recognition by William Gibson. My brother brought me some peanut butter fudge he made, and he makes the best I've ever eaten. He's the one of the two of us who cooks. Then my sister-in-law came over, and we all visited a while. Then they took me to dinner. Mother made an angel food cake with fudge-like chocolate icing for my birthday. Good day!

I also appreciate so much the birthday wishes you left in my comments and the ones I got on Facebook. All that made me feel special. Charlie sent an email recapping my latest year which was a happy reminder of some blessings and activities. Maybe I'll have some to add to that this next year. Thanks, Charlie! You've been a wonderful friend for over 15 years. How long has it been? Then there's the big package of chocolate from Maddie. Say no more! LOL I appreciate all of your comments, your blogs, and you!!

7 comments:

lelocolon said...

Take care of yourself first. Love hearing from you! Glad you had a great Birthday.

the dogs' mother said...

You probably got a nargal* or a wrackspurt* there for a time. You'll be better now.


*For non-Harry.Potter.Geeks Luna says you need a butterbeer cork charm to keep them away!

Sam said...

Well sometimes I have the same symptoms, You just have to work through them. Lovely hearing that you had a fabulous birthday! if their is anything I can do let me know.

David Dust said...

Glad you're feeling better and had a good birthday.

XOXOXOXO

Dan said...

I think its the change of seasons becasue I have been feelin gout of sorts myself.

Feel better! XXOO

Dan

Ken Riches said...

Glad you are getting your groove back :o)

Beth said...

I have a bit of seasonal affective disorder, I think, because I feel logy and sluggish this time of year. It's just a matter of adjusting to it. Hang in there!