Monday, July 11, 2011

Knitting

Here's what I knitted for Mother for her birthday tomorrow. This is the first garment I've made, and it took a long time since I'm a social knitter and only worked on it at Yarn Frenzy.  I'd knitted scarves and hats, and finished a couple of scarves during this cardigan even though I'm usually a monogamous knitter.  This required measuring and math and fitting!  That was a first for me. 


My next project is a ruana for myself. Who besides Maddie knows what that is? I just learned it but am slow about some things.

11 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Wow!!
And I loves the color!

Kailyn said...

Beautiful!

And Maddie failed to share the whole ruana thing with me but I know how to Google stuff. Tres chic.

Kailyn said...

Beautiful!

And Maddie failed to share the whole ruana thing with me but I know how to Google stuff. Tres chic.

Sam said...

My sweater size is XXXXXXLT the T stands for tall.
By the way I'll need a color that matches my eyes.
Oh, your sweater is just beautiful!!!
Happy Birthday MOM!!!!!

mrs.missalaineus said...

that's sooooo neat! i can barely mangage a mangled scarf


xxalainaxx

Bob said...

Gorgeous work Joy!

Hope said...

Your mom's sweater is so pretty. You did a great job!

David Dust said...

OMG - that is fantastic!! I have no idea what a "ruana" is, but I DO know that this sweater is gorgeous.

XOXOXOXO

Unknown said...

This is absolutely amazing. The knitting just looks like an regular machine done. You have amazing skills.
laine et tricot

Kyle Leach said...

Joy, that is really impressive work. I love the shape and color you chose.

Joy said...

Thank you!! I appreciate all your compliments and encouragement!! Mother tried it on yesterday and really likes it. At least it didn't take me as long as it did Michelangelo to paint the Sistine Ceiling but a long time!