Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DWTS 14 - Results (Spoiler Alert)

I'm writing this as I watch.  The spoiler is at the end.  To recap, the combined scores for the first two weeks are from lowest to highest:

Martina Navratilova and Tony Dovolani = 37
Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy = 40
Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff =  41
Gladys Knight and Tristan MacManus =42
Jack Wagner and Anna Trebunskaya =  44
Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd = 45
Maria Menounos and Derek Hough = 46
Sherri Shepherd and Val Chmerkovskiy = 46
Jaleel White and Kym Johnson = 48
William Levy and Cheryl Burke = 49
Roshon Fegan and Chelsie Hightower = 49
Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas = 52

I predict that Martina will be eliminated first if it's based on dancing.  The first ones to go are generally not the best dancers.  There are some who stay too long and make me crazy, though, because of weird fans.  Gladys is light on her feet and does amazingly well.  I don't know how she holds out!  She'll probably be there several more weeks.  The first group to go based on dancing would be those on the bottom, but we'll see.  This is a good group in general.  I'm really enjoying it so far. 

I wonder how the celebrities are chosen for the pros.  Some of them have more bargaining power, like Cheryl, Derek, Mark, and Kym, I'd imagine.  Maks is popular but hasn't won.  He's been in the finals four times, though.  Cheryl has been in the finals five times with two wins, two second places, and one third.  Derek has won three times and finished third, getting him in the finals four times.  Kym has won twice and had two second places, while Mark has two wins and two third places.  No, I don't remember this.  I looked it up.  (HERE)

Cheryl, Derek, Mark, and Kym are the best teachers.  They are strict taskmasters but encourage and choreograph to their partners' strengths.  There's no coincidence they are in the finals so often.  Maks gets mean sometimes,and it takes someone who can deal with him to go the distance.  He and Val dance alike since they are brothers and had the same dance instruction.  Derek and Mark dance alike, too.  Derek studied with Mark's parents Corky and Shirley Ballas and also with someone in London.  Anna and Chelsie teach and choreograph well, too. Julianne Hough was fabulous!  I miss her.  Lacey Schwimmer isn't on this season, either. 

Tony hasn't had a partner who could win and has had some horrible ones like Kate Gosselin. He loses patience sometimes, but I would have killed Kate.  Karina also loses patience and is a diva.  I was going to say drama queen but think I'll make up a new term and say drama diva.

I don't know as much about the new ones.  Tristan seems a bit temperamental but is smart enough to be respectful and patient with Gladys.  Peta seems good, too.  Val is a lot like Maks but dialed down some, which I'm sure his partners are glad about.  Maybe it's a Russian thing. 

And so it begins with announcements that Melissa and Gladys are safe with Martina being in jeopardy.  What did I say?  They drag this out of course.  Jaleel and William are safe, Roshon is in jeopardy for some reason.  Sugarland sang a couple of numbers.  I like them.

Next ones safe are Sherri, Maria, and Katherine.  Maria broke two ribs during rehearsal and performed last night.  She said she was tough - Greek and strong - and this was not slowing her down.  Tom said Katherine just bear hugged Maria and broke two more ribs. Donald and Jack are safe but not Gavin. 

So it's down to Martina, Roshon, and Gavin.  It won't be Roshon.  Yes, right again.  It is Martina.  Gracious and good sport just as expected.  She is a champion.

1 comments:

Sam said...

Excellent recap. Now if we could get other bloggers to start recapping again I can quit watching the shows. I love a good recap!!!