Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sick Schmick

Ever notice how when you're sick everything look grim and hopeless?  It's mostly the annoying illnesses that involve coughing or nausea or other inconveniences.  I used to have allergies in the spring and fall and go around sniffling for a while.  Then it went into sinusitis later on, so I had to deal with that.  Quite a few years ago, it progressed quickly from allergies to sinusitis to bronchitis and even to pneumonia once.  So I take the allergies seriously now that the progression is really fast.  I went to the walk-in clinic yesterday because my doctor's wife has serious complications with her pregnancy and has to be hospitalized for months.  He had to leave and cancel appointments.  I'm worried about her and hope they can have their baby and that she will be healthy and make it OK.

So now I have a Z-pack and some cough syrup for bronchitis and am sleeping a lot until I wake myself up coughing.  All my cough muscles hurt.  Miss G knows all too well how this is because of having this hang on for over a month!  I hope his appointment with an ENT will get rid of this for him.  Tug is also suffering with allergies and sinusitis now, too.  'Tis the season!  I wish spring and fall loved me as much as I love them!

I noticed how bleak everything seems to me and how I don't like anything much right now.  When I'm sick, I almost can't remember how good it feels to be healthy.  On the other hand, when I'm fine, I take it for granted and enjoy it thoroughly.  Are any of you like this, too?

8 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Mostly.
You need some of David's percocet. Loverly stuff.

Chris said...

I'm right there with you....I am a big baby when I'm sick...I hope you feel better soon

mrs.missalaineus said...

i think i lost my usual cheerful nature to allergy hell for 4-5 weeks so far this year. i get the dry hacky cough and the nose drip. good times. i hope we ALL feel better soon.

xxalainaxx

Mr.Mischief said...

The wife was coughing for weeks indeed...but her abs afterwards? KILLER...

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I know what you mean about cough muscles hurting! I go the ENT Monday- when do you go?

David Dust said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel - pretty damn miserable.

Get well soon, Auntie Flame.

XOXOXO

Joy said...

You feel worse, David! Shingles are horrible. But you've had pneumonia which goes farther than bronchitis. But yes, miserable for sure. You get well asap! xoxoxoxoxoxo

Ginger, I'm hoping this z-pack does it for me that I got from a general practitioner. Hope you get well asap, too! xoxoxoxox

Thanks to all of you. The cough muscles are abs and back and chest that are sore for me. Poor MMA!

Sam said...

Well I hate everything right now. Here's to better feeling days.